Our client is constantly enhancing its resilience so that it can continue to serve its customers and society, even in case of a major disruptive event such as an IT outage, building unavailability caused by a natural hazard or a pandemic flu. Do you want to contribute there resilience? Do you have a clear vision on Business Continuity and Crisis Management and much experience in (further) establishing and maintaining a strong global BCM & CM capability? Then we are looking for you!
Their 53,000 employees serve around 38.4 million customers, corporate clients and financial institutions in over 40 countries. To ensure the continuity of our services and products, we have in almost every country a Business Continuity (BCM) and Crisis Management (CM) capability.
The Global Center of Expertise BCM & CM, which is part of the Chief Information Security Office (CISO) within the COO domain, has been recently established an consists of a dedicated small team of BCM and CM professionals. The objective of the center is to provide oversight and to support local capabilities e.g. by providing global tooling and facilitating the exchange of good practices. More specifically the center is responsible for (a) standardization of all local BCM and CM practices; (b) providing oversight on quality and performance of local BCM & CM capabilities; (c) supporting senior management with managing global major incidents and crises and (d) taking care of the immediate regulatory reporting process of business disruptive events.
Since the Center of Expertise BCM & CM was only recently established and the ambition level is high, we are looking for a seasoned BCM & CM manager that is able to further embed the center within the organization. A two years roadmap approved by senior management gives direction to the activities that the center carries out. But there is enough room for your own vision and ideas.
Wat you’ll do
• Execute the Global BCM and CM roadmap which comprises topics such as standardizing local BCM processes, selecting and implementing global tooling, enhancing immediate regulatory reporting and further maturing global crisis management;
• Lead the virtual BCM and CM communities and ensure that good practices and lessons learned are shared throughout the BCM and CM community;
• Engage with related domains (e.g. physical security, information security, facility management) to ensure BCM and CM are aligned with and connected to other relevant initiatives;
• Participate in the various IT DR communities to ensure that global business needs are met and the implications of recent and future technologies are taken into account in the IT DR strategy and exercises;
• Prepare and/or present proposals, lessons learned, status updates and other senior management meetings such as CISO-MT, COO-MT, Tech-MT, Bank NFRC and MBB;
• Organize global crisis management exercises (MBB and MBB-1 level) and ensure that lessons learned are incorporated into the global crisis management organization;
• Maintain and execute the Global Immediate Regulatory Reporting Process, which includes reporting of significant business disruptive events to regulatory bodies and supervisors (approximately 10 weeks a year on duty which means 24/7 availability);
• Support CISO with maintaining and exercising the major security incident capability;
• Assist local entities with BCM and CM risk measurement as prescribed by methodologies and tooling provided by the 2nd line of defense;
• Represent the Global Center of BCM and CM in the BCM Expert Group and in external for a.
Wat you’ll need to be successful
- University degree in Business, IT or Finance/Economics or equivalent;
- More than 15 years’ experience in Business Continuity, Operational Risk Management, Crisis Management, Information Security, Emergency Management;
- Much experience with growing a small team into a mature, well embedded capability;
- Hands-on experience managing major business disruptive events and crises;
- Knowledge of relevant BCM & CM regulations, ISO standards, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, both in English and Dutch;
- Strong analytical and (senior management) stakeholder management skills;
- Ability to work within a complex, networked and agile organization;
- High levels of self-direction, self-initiative, autonomy and diplomacy;
- Ability to work effectively under conditions of time pressure and stress;
- Ability to interface effectively with all levels of an organization (operational, tactical and strategic level);
- Program and project management experience obtained in an international environment;
- BCI or DRI certifications are considered a plus.
Rian Barnes +31 (0)20 723 0900 or email@example.com